Los Angeles Dodgers vs Philadelphia Phillies Odds, Predictions and Betting Trends | May 14
The Philadelphia Phillies (16-17) will visit the Los Angeles Dodgers (20-11) on Saturday at 10:10 p.m. ET, with the Dodgers on a three-game losing streak.
The Phillies are an underdog (+159 moneyline odds) when they face the Dodgers (-184). The Los Angeles Dodgers will start Julio Urias (2-2, 3.68 ERA) in search of the third win of the season, and the Phillies will counter with Ranger Suarez (3-1, 3.68).
Yesterday the Phillies took a 12-10 victory over the Dodgers, Jeurys Familia (1.0 IP, 2 R, 2 H, 1 K) earning the win for the Phillies. Bryce Harper went 3 for 4 with two doubles, a home run and two RBIs to lead the offensive attack. Brusdar Graterol (1.0 IP, 2 R, 1 H, 1 K) was credited with the Dodgers loss.
Here’s everything you need to prepare for Saturday’s Dodgers vs Phillies contest.
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Philadelphia Phillies odds and betting lines
- Prefer: Dodgers (-184, bet $184 to win $100)
- Underdog: Phillies (+159, bet $100 to win $159)
- More less : 8
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get some action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ on Tipico Sportsbook. USA TODAY Network Exclusive Offer: Deposit $10, get $200 bet credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Dodgers Stats and Trends
Dodgers Betting Records
- The Dodgers have entered the game as favorites 33 times this season and have won 20, or 60.6%, of those games.
- This season, Los Angeles has won 13 of its 22 games, or 59.1%, while being favored by at least -184 on the moneyline.
- The Dodgers have a 64.8% chance of winning this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- So far this season, Los Angeles and its opponents have broken the record in 12 of their 33 games with a total.
- The Dodgers are 20-13-0 ATS in their 33 chances this season.
Julio Urías (Possible Dodgers starter)
- The Dodgers will pass the ball to Urias (2-2) for his seventh start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last appearance was on Monday, when he pitched six innings against the Pittsburgh Pirates, allowing two earned runs while allowing 11 hits.
- The 25-year-old has a 2.10 ERA and 6.9 strikeouts in nine innings, batting .225 in six games this season.
- This is his fourth consecutive quality start.
- Urías has pitched five or more innings in five straight games and will be looking to extend that streak.
- The Phillies have scored 160 points this season, which ranks them fifth in MLB. They have 284 hits, second in baseball, with 40 homers (sixth in the league).
Dodgers batting stats
- The Dodgers rank 13th in Major League Baseball with 30 homers.
- Fueled by 94 extra hits, the Dodgers rank seventh in MLB with a .398 hitting percentage this season.
- Los Angeles has a .243 team batting average this season, which ranks it ninth among MLB teams.
- No team has scored more than the 166 points the Dodgers have this season.
- Los Angeles is among the best in the league on base, ranking second with an OBP of .329.
- The Dodgers have shown patience this season with the seventh-best strikeout rate per game (8.1) among MLB offenses.
Phillies Stats and Trends
Phillies Betting Records
- The Phillies have been victorious in six, or 50%, of the 12 contests they have been chosen as underdogs this season.
- Philadelphia has been listed as a +159 or greater underdog twice this season and has shared those games.
- The Phillies have an implied probability of victory of 38.6% based on the funding line established by the odds takers for this game.
- Philadelphia games have gone over the total in 17 of their 33 occasions.
- The Phillies are 16-17-0 ATS in 33 games with a line this season.
Ranger Suárez (Possible Phillies starter)
- Suarez makes the start for the Phillies, his seventh of the season. He is 3-1 with a 3.68 ERA and 22 strikeouts in 29 1/3 innings pitched.
- His last appearance came on Tuesday against the Seattle Mariners, when the southpaw pitched six scoreless innings while allowing four hits.
- The 26-year-old has set a 3.68 ERA, with 6.8 strikeouts per nine innings in six games this season. Opposing batters have a .274 batting average against him.
- Suarez has two quality starts to his name this season.
- Suarez will be looking to pitch five or more innings for his fourth straight start. He averages 4.3 innings per outing.
- The Dodgers’ opposing offense has a collective batting average of .243 and is 17th in the league with 251 total hits and first in MLB action with 166 runs scored. They have the seventh-highest slugging percentage (.398) and are 13th in all of MLB with 30 homers.
Phillies Batting Stats
- The Phillies are sixth in MLB with 40 total homers.
- So far this season, the Phillies have a league-best .428 slugging percentage.
- Philadelphia is second in MLB with a .256 batting average.
- The Phillies’ offense is No. 5 in MLB play with 4.8 points per game (160 points total).
- Philadelphia is ninth in baseball with a .319 on-base percentage.
- The Phillies are batting 8.9 times per game to rank 23rd in the league.
Place your legal online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Dodgers vs. Phillies: Live Stream Info & Game Times
- Match day: Saturday, May 14, 2022
- Game time: 10:10 p.m. ET
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
- TV channel: NBC Sports Networks
- Direct: fuboTV (Watch for free)
Gannett may derive revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence on such earnings and such earnings are in no way dependent or related to newsrooms or news coverage. To see Tipico.com for terms and conditions. 21+ only. Game problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).