Los Angeles Dodgers vs Philadelphia Phillies Odds, Predictions and Betting Trends | May 12
A series opener between the Philadelphia Phillies (13-17) and Los Angeles Dodgers (20-9) is scheduled for Thursday at 10:10 p.m. ET at Dodger Stadium.
The Dodgers are favorites at home (-151) against the Phillies (+128). The Los Angeles Dodgers will pass the ball to Tyler Anderson (3-0, .00 ERA) looking for the fourth win of the season, and the Phillies will counter with Zack Wheeler.
The Dodgers lost their last game against the Pirates by a score of 5-3 yesterday. Edwin Rios went 1 for 4 with a double and three RBIs to lead them offensively. Daniel Hudson took the loss after pitching an inning, allowing an earned run on three hits while striking out one.
Yesterday the Phillies defeated the Mariners 4-2. Seranthony Dominguez was the winning pitcher after going 1 1/3 innings without giving up an earned run on a hit, while striking out two. Rhys Hoskins paced the Phillies offense, going 2 for 4 with four RBIs.
Get ready for the Dodgers vs. Phillies with everything you need to know ahead of Thursday’s game.
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Philadelphia Phillies odds and betting lines
Major League Baseball odds courtesy of Tipico Sportsbook. The odds were updated Wednesday at 11:04 p.m. ET. For a complete list of sports betting odds, go to USA TODAY Sports Betting Score Odds Center.
- Prefer: Dodgers (-151, bet $151 to win $100)
- Underdog: Phillies (+128, bet $100 to win $128)
- More less : 8
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get some action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ on Tipico Sportsbook. USA TODAY Network Exclusive Offer: Deposit $10, get $200 bet credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Dodgers Stats and Trends
Dodgers Betting Records
- The Dodgers have been favorites in 31 games this season and have won 20 (64.5%) of those games.
- This season, Los Angeles has won 17 of its 27 games, or 63%, despite being favored by at least -151 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a Dodgers win, based on the moneyline, is 60.2%.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have exceeded the total this season in 10 of their 31 occasions.
- The Dodgers are 20-11-0 ATS this season.
Tyler Anderson (Possible Dodgers starter)
- Anderson (3-0) will head to the mound for the Dodgers and make his fourth start of the season.
- The southpaw’s last appearance came on Saturday, when he pitched 5 2/3 innings against the Chicago Cubs, allowing two earned runs while allowing four hits.
- The 32-year-old has pitched in five games this season with a 2.78 ERA and 8.7 strikeouts per nine innings with a .205 batting average.
- Anderson has two straight starts of five or more innings.
- The Phillies have scored 135 points this season, which ranks them sixth in MLB. They’re batting .250 for the campaign with 35 homers, fifth in the league.
Dodgers batting stats
- The Dodgers’ 27 home runs rank 14th in Major League Baseball.
- Fueled by 85 extra hits, the Dodgers rank seventh in MLB with a .391 hitting percentage this season.
- Los Angeles’ .238 batting average ranks 12th in the league this season.
- The Dodgers have scored 149 points this season, which ranks third in MLB.
- Los Angeles is among the best in the league on base, ranking fifth with an OBP of .324.
- The Dodgers rank sixth in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of eight puffs per game.
Phillies Stats and Trends
Phillies Betting Records
- The Phillies have won four of the 10 contests they have been chosen as underdogs this season.
- Philadelphia has been listed as a +128 or greater underdog twice this season and has shared those games.
- The Phillies have an implied win probability of 43.9% based on the sportsbook’s funded line for this game.
- Philadelphia and their opponents have gone over 15 of their 31 games with a total set by sports betting this season.
- The Phillies are 14-17-0 ATS in 31 games with a line this season.
Zack Wheeler (likely Phillies starter)
- Wheeler will start for the Phillies, his first this season.
- The 31-year-old right-hander makes his season debut and pitches for the first time in over a year.
- The Dodgers rank third in runs scored in the league (149) this season and have a .238 batting average while hitting 27 home runs (14th in the league).
Phillies Batting Stats
- The Phillies rank fifth in MLB action with 35 total homers.
- So far this year, the Phillies are third in the league, with .416.
- Philadelphia’s .250 batting average is fifth-best in MLB.
- The Phillies’ offense is No. 6 in baseball with 4.5 points per game (135 points total).
- Philadelphia is 11th in baseball with a .315 on-base percentage.
- The Phillies’ 8.7 strikeouts per game rank 21st in the league.
Place your legal online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Dodgers vs. Phillies: Live Stream Info & Game Times
- Match day: Thursday, May 12, 2022
- Game time: 10:10 p.m. ET
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
- TV channel: MLB Network
- Direct: fuboTV (Watch for free)
Gannett may derive revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence on such earnings and such earnings are in no way dependent or related to newsrooms or news coverage. To see Tipico.com for terms and conditions. 21+ only. Game problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).