Joel Embiid, Bryce Harper and Carli Lloyd among 2021 John Wanamaker Sports Award nominees, voting now open – CBS Philly
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Voting is now open for the 2021 John Wanamaker Sports Award! The award is given to the athlete, team or organization that has most merited Philadelphia and the team or sport in which they excel.
This year’s 11 nominees include superstars from the WNBA, NBA, NFL, NHL and MLB, teams and athletes from local schools and universities, Olympic athletes and coaches, as well as the Philadelphia professional football team, the Philadelphia Union.
READ MORE: 2 people killed in high-speed fire at Wilmington townhouse
You can vote for the following nominees:
READ MORE: “Time for me to think, take a break”: former Sixer JJ Redick announces his retirement from the NBA
- Natasha Cloud, WNBA, alumnus of St. Joseph’s University
- Sean Couturier, Philadelphia Flyers
- Drexel University Athletics, Basketball, Lacrosse and Wrestling
- Joel Embiid, Philadelphia 76ers
- Brandon Graham, Philadelphia Eagles
- Bryce Harper, Philadelphia Phillies
- Carli Lloyd, United States National Women’s Football Team
- Gary Martin, Archbishop Wood Track & Field
- Philadelphia Union
- Dawn Staley, US Women’s Olympic Basketball Team
- Upper Providence Little League Baseball
Click on here to vote.
Voting is open until Monday, October 4.
NO MORE NEWS: Police: man shot multiple times, killed in North Philadelphia
The award is presented annually by PHL Sports – a division of the Philadelphia Convention and Visitors Bureau – The Wanamaker Building, The Philadelphia Inquirer and CBS3.