Current Consolidated Plan
DHCD’s Annual Action Plan is the cornerstone of Philadelphia’s application to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development for federal housing and community development funding.
The Preliminary Annual Action Plan 2018-19 is now available. Click on the image at right to view. There will be a public hearing on Wednesday, April 25, 2018.
The Annual Action Plan outlines how the City intends to spend the federal funds it is requesting for that fiscal year. The Plan identifies seven core goals:
- Create affordable homeowner and rental housing opportunities
- Preserve affordable homeowner and rental housing
- Reduce homelessness and expand special needs housing opportunities
- Foster open access to all housing and community resources and programs
- Address economic, education and income needs of people
- Strengthen community assets and manage vacant land
- Promote fair housing and access to opportunities
Every five years Philadelphia undertakes a comprehensive review of the city’s housing and community development conditions and needs. That review becomes the Consolidated Plan and includes:
- Needs Analysis
- Housing Market Analysis
- Strategic Plan
- Annual Action Plan