DHCD promotes vibrant neighborhoods with programs, resources and publications that benefit communities and their residents.
- In North Central Philadelphia, a $30 million HUD grant is leveraging $200 million in the Choice Neighborhoods Initiative.
- Many housing counseling agencies are located in Philadelphia neighborhoods so that residents can get assistance close to home.
- Neighborhood Advisory Committees engage residents in activities that promote planning, housing, jobs and sustainability.
- At Neighborhood Energy Centers residents learn how to lower utility bills by making their homes more energy efficient.
- The Housing Resource Guide provides information on programs offered by the City of Philadelphia and other public agencies.